partners for life
Five Expensive But Avoidable Financial Mistakes
The road to financial freedom has many potholes. Here are some of the most common with help on how to avoid them.
- Too little too late – The government has deliberately set up our superannuation system to favour those start who early and stay on track. Those who leave it to the last minute often do so at their own peril. Start as soon as possible and map out your road to financial freedom.
- Pay unnecessary taxes – There are many simple, legal ways to make sure you are not paying more tax than you need to. Ask your financial planner or accountant if you are making the most of the tax incentives offered by the government.
- Fall for investment fads – This probably poses the greatest single danger to your prosperity. Tech stocks in the late 1990s and speculative miners in the late 2000s were very tempting when they were rising fast. Your best weapon against this temptation is to develop a disciplined investment plan and stick with it.
- It won’t happen to me – Wealth management is just as much about protecting your assets as it is about building wealth. Make sure you have a “Plan B” to pay off your house and look after your family if you were to die or be permanently unable to work. Your ability to earn money is actually your most valuable asset, so it’s vital to protect that asset with income protection insurance.
- Fail to plan – As the old adage goes, “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. If you can articulate your goals and visualise what achieving those goals look like, you are well on your way to achieving them. Write down your three most important goals and keep them in a safe place to review once a year.
We greatly value our clients and are committed to honouring the trust they place in us by creating visible results for them. Get in touch to find out how we can help our clients maximize profits, minimize tax, and invest the balance for growth.
Thinking about becoming a client?
Book your free, no obligation consultation right now via our online booking system or get in touch to find out more
Already a client and want to get in touch?
Send us an email via our enquiry form or give us a call today