McKinley Plowman is an expanding company offering exciting career opportunities for both established professionals as well as those entering the accounting, financial planning or finance sectors.
Since establishing our business in 1997, we have worked hard at attracting and retaining the high calibre professionals who continue to drive the success of our company.
Those who join us find a stimulating inclusive workplace culture, ongoing professional development and flexible leave and working arrangements to accommodate family and study commitments.
Our commitment to providing a vibrant workplace is partly framed by the early professional experiences of the founding partners; and our work is guided by our core values
McKinley Plowman employs experienced professionals, graduates and undergraduates, and welcomes those who are seeking a career change.
Flexible leave entitlements allow undergraduates to continue to attend daytime lectures, while our coaching programs provide access to the extensive local and international experience of our senior management team.
At McKinley Plowman we also pride ourselves on having fun.
Working life includes regular social days such as team building, charity events and monthly sundowners.
Team members also have access to regular shiatsu massages courtesy of an experienced corporate wellness professional.
Our state-of-the-art purpose-built premises in Joondalup offers facilities for one-to-one consultations, training seminars and group meetings.
The building also offers a fully equipped gym, a rooftop bar, entertaining facilities and a putt putt course that is discreetly woven through the office corridors.
Our Perth CBD office, which opened in June 2022 after an extensive fit-out, offers a central location only a few short minutes from amazing restaurants and cafes, and is easily accessible via public transport.
Keep an eye on this page for current accounting, financial planning, finance and administration jobs in Joondalup and Perth with McKinley Plowman.
Tax AdvisorMay 25th, 2022
As a dedicated Tax Advisor at MP+, you’ll look forward to working with a great team of accountants, tax advisers and financial planners, who all work together to help our clients achieve their financial goals. There are a diverse range of clients and a broad variety of work that we undertake for our clients. There’s no such thing as a quiet day at MP+.
We take our values seriously and therefore would wish our new team member to have strong people skills and be a team player, in addition to possessing a solid understanding of tax and accounting.
Our culture of coaching and continuous improvement means not only will you get to work in a challenging and interesting environment, but also within a company that fosters the growth of all employees.
This role is available at either our Perth CBD or Joondalup office, and offers the flexibility to work between the two as required.
This is a dedicated tax advisory role, supporting and reporting to our Tax Manager, and involves:
- The provision of tax advisory services to a broad range of client groups.
- Assisting the tax manager with the provision of income tax, GST, FBT, duty, employment taxes.
- Assist International tax enquiries from our global network (MSI Global Alliance) in relation to inbound and outbound clients.
- Other miscellaneous tax assignments as required.
- Reading, interpreting, and applying tax legislation to commercially driven objectives.
- Occasionally preparing and review compliance obligations for complex private groups.
- Tax reviews for commercial transactions including M&A transactions, exit, and retirement strategies.
- Assistance in relation to ATO rulings, early engagement, and objections.
- Working closely with other divisions of the firm, client managers, and directors.
- Keeping up to date with developments in the tax world.
- Opportunities to coach/buddy junior staff members.
The Successful Candidate for this role will have…
- CTA qualification favourable (or working towards).
- A proven track record of tax advisory projects in the past or specialist niche areas into which you would like to expand.
- Chartered Accounting or CPA qualifications highly regarded.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience with a keen interest in tax advisory as your preferred career path.
- Good communication skills, including written report-writing skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- A demonstrable solutions-driven approach to tax advisory.
- Ability to work autonomously and with team/cross-division projects as required.
If you satisfy the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. For applications received directly from yourself, and for the successful candidate, we also pay a joining fee.
Administration Assistant – CBDMay 16th, 2022
A great opportunity is available for a well-organised, proactive, conscientious and experienced Administrative Receptionist looking to take the next step in their career. Not only will the successful candidate join one of WA’s most successful integrated financial services firms, but they will also have the opportunity to play an important role in its continued growth.
The role requires an administration professional with strong organisational skills and highly developed attention to detail. You will work closely with our Business Support Team and other divisional heads across a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Reception Duties
- Maintenance of client databases
- Sending information to clients on a scheduled basis, and verifying that all required information is received
- Obtaining ATO portal reports & ATO correspondence and applications
- Booking in of new jobs including:
- Job Budget worksheets
- Uploading MYOB and Xero files for Business Services – including client correspondence
- Up front pricing quotes & updating & maintaining tracking spreadsheets
- Liaising with clients
- Collating Financial Statements & Income Tax Returns; preparation of client invoices
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Demonstrable experience with reception duties (favourable)
- A working knowledge of a broad range of administrative duties, especially as they relate to accounting practices
- Great communication skills (both verbal and written)
- The ability to work under pressure while prioritising your workload
- Professionalism in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive client information
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills and a ‘can do’ approach