McKinley Plowman is an expanding company offering exciting career opportunities for both established professionals as well as those entering the accounting, financial planning or finance sectors.
Since establishing our business in 1997, we have worked hard at attracting and retaining the high calibre professionals who continue to drive the success of our company.
Those who join us find a stimulating inclusive workplace culture, ongoing professional development and flexible leave and working arrangements to accommodate family and study commitments.
Our commitment to providing a vibrant workplace is partly framed by the early professional experiences of the founding partners; and our work is guided by our core values
McKinley Plowman employs experienced professionals, graduates and undergraduates, and welcomes those who are seeking a career change.
Flexible leave entitlements allow undergraduates to continue to attend daytime lectures, while our coaching programs provide access to the extensive local and international experience of our senior management team.
At McKinley Plowman we also pride ourselves on having fun.
Working life includes regular social days such as team building, charity events and monthly sundowners.
Team members also have access to regular shiatsu massages courtesy of an experienced corporate wellness professional.
Our state-of-the art purpose-built premises in Joondalup offers facilities for one-to-one consultations, training seminars and group meetings.
The building also offers a fully equipped gym, a rooftop bar, entertaining facilities and a putt putt course that is discreetly woven through the office corridors.
Keep an eye on this page for current accounting jobs in Joondalup with McKinley Plowman.
Client Service Officer/ReceptionistFebruary 10th, 2021
Are you looking for the next challenge in your career? Are you a motivated, engaging, well-organised and conscientious professional seeking a forward-thinking and growth-oriented firm to really make your mark? Then this role may be perfect for you!
McKinley Plowman is seeking a dynamic individual for a combined Client Service Officer and Receptionist role to join our recently opened, and growing, Victoria Park office, supporting a high achieving team in their pursuit of providing the very best financial services to our clients.
This role will suit an individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and who is committed to service excellence. This position requires someone with an aptitude for taking on multiple tasks and responsibilities. Our collaborative work environment is a perfect fit for the outgoing and friendly candidate we’re searching for.
Whilst experience in similar roles within financial services will be regarded favourably, it is not essential.
We therefore encourage applications from individuals who can demonstrate they have the capabilities and attributes that are important to this position, together with alignment with McKinley Plowman’s values.
This is a full-time position.
The role is a hybrid, encompassing client service and receptionist duties. In the capacity of Client Service Officer, you will liaise with clients and service providers to ensure our clients’ affairs are in proper order. As Receptionist, you will act as the first point of contact and provide a warm welcome to all clients and visitors who engage with the Victoria Park office, whether in person or over the phone.
The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparation of documents for client meetings;
- Lodgement of paperwork with service providers;
- Data entry;
- Reception duties;
- Preparation of refreshments for client meetings;
- Appointment setting;
- Management of incoming and outgoing mail;
- Managing office supplies;
- Making calls to schedule appointments
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Have experience in a similar role;
- Have a warm and welcoming nature;
- Loves providing excellent client service;
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Value relationships and focus on team success;
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously;
- Demonstrate proficiency with technology;
- Ideally have experience with XPlan (desirable but not a pre-requisite).
We request that applicants prepare a covering letter describing their suitability and desire for the role.
The Firm: MP+
Over more than twenty years McKinley Plowman (MP+) has grown to be one of WA’s largest and most successful full-service practices. With a staff of 45 based in Joondalup, MP+ has recently expanded to Victoria Park. The successful candidate for this role will be based predominantly in our Victoria Park office.
Our focus on internal team development through regular coaching and training, as well as our busy staff social calendar, make McKinley Plowman not only a preferred service provider for our clients, but an awesome place to work.
With a diverse service offering to our clients, developed using the skills of our team, we look to take our own business and our client’s businesses to new heights and further success. We have accountants, dedicated wealth experts, property specialists, superannuation specialists, pension transfer consultants, finance brokers and our own advertising and branding consultancy.
Note: We request that you apply directly to us in your own capacity as no resumes will be accepted from recruitment agencies in relation to this position.
Bookkeeper & Management AccountantFebruary 10th, 2021
Your new role with McKinley Plowman is here…
As a cfo2go team member at MP+, you’ll look forward to working with an experienced and values-driven team of accountants, bookkeepers, tax advisers and financial planners, who all work together to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
We take our values seriously and therefore would wish our new team member to have strong people skills as well as a solid understanding of tax and accounting. Our culture of coaching and continuous improvement means not only will you get to work in a challenging and interesting environment, but also within a company that fosters the growth of all employees.
This role is designed for someone looking to progress their career further in the industry, with a broad range of clients you will gain exposure to many industries. A passion for cloud integrations and software is a must. The ideal candidate will hold either Cert IV in Bookkeeping with 2 years minimum experience, or is a Graduate Accountant. As we are located in Joondalup, this role would be perfect for an applicant who is north of the river.
A successful candidate should have:
- A positive attitude, collaborative mindset and a willingness to learn
- First-rate communication skills
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to develop the MP+ brand
- Xero & MYOB experience essential
- Reasonable knowledge of cloud-based integrations
- Ability to work and adapt to ongoing evolution of industry
- Sound knowledge of relevant systems, processes and IT
- Ambitions (in time) to manage team members and train team members
- High-quality management reporting skills, and consistent ability to work to deadlines
- Flexibility to work extended hours during Peak times
- Sound technical understanding in tax specifically GST & Payroll
- Advanced Excel skills
- WorkflowMax knowledge (favourable)
- The responsibilities of the role will include but will not be limited to:
- Monthly and Quarterly BAS Preparation
- Payroll and Superannuation Reconciliations
- Cloud Accounting upgrades from existing desktop software
- Creating budgets for clients
- Business analysis & Management Reporting
- End of Year Payroll requirements
- On-going bookkeeping for clients
- Taxable Payment Reporting
- Management of your own workflow
- Working to deadlines
- Meeting the MP+ Service standards and turn around time expectations.