McKinley Plowman is an expanding company offering exciting career opportunities for both established professionals as well as those entering the accounting, financial planning or finance sectors.
Since establishing our business in 1997, we have worked hard at attracting and retaining the high calibre professionals who continue to drive the success of our company.
Those who join us find a stimulating inclusive workplace culture, ongoing professional development and flexible leave and working arrangements to accommodate family and study commitments.
Our commitment to providing a vibrant workplace is partly framed by the early professional experiences of the founding partners; and our work is guided by our core values
McKinley Plowman employs experienced professionals, graduates and undergraduates, and welcomes those who are seeking a career change.
Flexible leave entitlements allow undergraduates to continue to attend daytime lectures, while our coaching programs provide access to the extensive local and international experience of our senior management team.
At McKinley Plowman we also pride ourselves on having fun.
Working life includes regular social days such as the Melbourne Cup, charity events and monthly sundowners.
Team members also have access to regular shiatsu massages.
Our state-of-the art purpose-built premises offers facilities for one-to-one consultations, training seminars and group meetings.
The iconic building also offers a fully equipped gym, a rooftop bar, entertaining facilities and a putt putt course that is discreetly woven through the office corridors.
Keep an eye on this page for current accounting jobs in Joondalup with McKinley Plowman.
Experienced BookkeeperAugust 14th, 2018
As a bookkeeper at MP+, you’ll look forward to working with an experienced and values-driven team of accountants, bookkeepers, tax advisers and financial planners, who all work together to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
We take our values seriously and therefore would wish our new team member to have strong people skills as well as a solid understanding of tax and accounting.
Our culture of coaching and continuous improvement means not only will you get to work in a challenging and interesting environment, but also within a company that fosters the growth of all employees.
As we are located in Joondalup, this role would be perfect for an applicant who is north of the river.
A successful candidate should have:
- A positive attitude, collaborative mindset and a willingness to learn
- First-rate communication skills
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- 4+ years’ experience with a reputable business
- Good reputation – positive feedback from clients
- Cert IV in Bookkeeping
- Willingness to develop the MP+ brand
- Keen to take advantage of internal referrals
- Xero & MYOB experience essential
- Reasonable knowledge of cloud based integrations
- Ability to work on and help clients with challenging bookkeeping needs
- Sound knowledge of relevant systems, processes and IT
- Ambitions (in time) to manage team members and train team members
- Own small portfolio of bookkeeping clients (considered favourably)
- Ability to set up accounting and related systems from scratch
- High-quality management reporting skills, and consistent ability to work to deadlines
- Flexibility to work extended hours over BAS season
- Willingness to assist on processing accounts for MP+ if needed in short term
- Sound technical understanding in tax and accounting especially GST & Payroll
- Advanced Excel skills
- APS & WorkflowMax knowledge (favourable)
The responsibilities of the role will include but will not be limited to:
- Monthly and Quarterly BAS Preparation
- Payroll and Superannuation Reconciliations
- Cloud Accounting upgrades from existing desktop software
- Creating budgets for clients
- Business analysis
- End of Year Payroll requirements
- On-going bookkeeping for clients
- Taxable Payment Reporting
If you currently have a portfolio of existing clients, we are open to discussions about beginning your journey with McKinley Plowman part-time, with a view to move to a full-time position in the future.