partners for life
Choosing a Financial Planner to Secure Your Future
Whether you’re planning to achieve a financial goal, wanting to invest, or securing your retirement, partnering with a financial planner is a certain way to help you attain these goals.
Before looking into how you choose a financial planner, you must fully understand what financial planners do and how they can help you.
If you’re thinking of investing in shares or businesses for a stable financial future instead of just keeping your money in your bank account, then getting professional advice is what you need; and this could be provided by a financial planner. A financial planner can give you a holistic advice on your current financial situation, in relation to your needs and your goals. They help you carry out tasks with regard to investing your money, that’s why it is imperative that you seek advice from a certified and trusted financial planner.
What should you look for in a financial planner?
- A good financial planner is willing and patient in answering your inquiries. (Keep in mind that this is the person who you will trust in handling your investments, so don’t be hesitant in asking questions.)
- He/she must take the time to understand your goals before they provide you with their recommendations.
- A financial planner should be able to explain to you how their strategy was created tailor fit for your needs.
- He/she should be able to provide you with a Financial Services Guide and a Statement of Advice outlining his/her recommendations.
- A financial planner must ensure that he/she includes your requirements or requests in his/her recommendation. If your requirement is not feasible, he/she must able to provide an explanation why it is not.
- You must also seek an on going review service from a financial planner to ensure that you’re on their right path towards your goals.
McKinley Plowman and Associates has a team of financial planning professionals that have been coaching clients towards their financial goals for over a decade. Our financial planners offer an extensive range of services which include: wealth creation and protection, comprehensive financial plan, personal risk insurance, tax planning, retirement planning, pension transfers (UK and South Africa), and setting up self-managed superannuation funds.
You can schedule for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION with us by clicking here.
Thinking about becoming a client?
Book your free, no obligation consultation right now via our online booking system or get in touch to find out more
Already a client and want to get in touch?
Send us an email via our enquiry form or give us a call today