9 foods to boost your brainpower
Eating well is not only good for your physical health but your mental as well. The brain requires nutrients just like your heart, lungs or muscles do. But which foods are particularly important to keep your grey matter happy?
Here is a list of 9 foods to help boost your brainpower;
- Wholegrains – ‘brown’ cereals, wheatbran, granary bread and brown pasta gives your body energy which then gives your brain the ability to concentrate and focus through the slow release of glucose into your bloodstream.
- Oily Fish – The main sources of oily fish include salmon, trout, mackerel, herring, sardines, pilchards and kippers which provide a natural source of essential fatty acids and gives your body the Omega 3 it needs for healthy brain function, among other things.
- Blueberries – Evidence suggests that the consumption of blueberries may be effective in improving or delaying short term memory loss.
- Tomatoes – Lycopene, is a powerful antioxidant found in tomatoes which could help protect against damage to cells which occurs in the development of dementia, particularly Alzheimer’s.
- Blackcurrents – Blackcurrents is one of the best sources of Vitamin C which has long been thought to increase mental agility.
- Pumpkin Seeds – You can get your daily recommended amount Zinc from just a handful of pumpkin seeds which is vital for enhancing memory and thinking skills.
- Broccoli – A great source of vitamin K, which is known to enhance cognitive function and improve brainpower.
- Sage – Sage has long had a reputation for improving memory so it could be worth adding fresh sage to your diet too.
- Nuts – Nuts are a great source of vitamin E, which studies suggests that a good intake of vitamin E might help to prevent cognitive decline, particularly in the elderly.
Thinking about becoming a client?
Book your free, no obligation consultation right now at either our Joondalup or Perth Office via our online booking system or get in touch to find out more.
Already a client and want to get in touch?
Send us an email via our enquiry form or give us a call today.