As a dedicated Tax Advisor at MP+, you’ll look forward to working with a great team of accountants, tax advisers and financial planners, who all work together to help our clients achieve their financial goals. There are a diverse range of clients and a broad variety of work that we undertake for our clients. There’s no such thing as a quiet day at MP+.
We take our values seriously and therefore would wish our new team member to have strong people skills and be a team player, in addition to possessing a solid understanding of tax and accounting.
Our culture of coaching and continuous improvement means not only will you get to work in a challenging and interesting environment, but also within a company that fosters the growth of all employees.
This role is available at either our Perth CBD or Joondalup office, and offers the flexibility to work between the two as required.
This is a dedicated tax advisory role, supporting and reporting to our Tax Manager, and involves:
- The provision of tax advisory services to a broad range of client groups.
- Assisting the tax manager with the provision of income tax, GST, FBT, duty, employment taxes.
- Assist International tax enquiries from our global network (MSI Global Alliance) in relation to inbound and outbound clients.
- Other miscellaneous tax assignments as required.
- Reading, interpreting, and applying tax legislation to commercially driven objectives.
- Occasionally preparing and review compliance obligations for complex private groups.
- Tax reviews for commercial transactions including M&A transactions, exit, and retirement strategies.
- Assistance in relation to ATO rulings, early engagement, and objections.
- Working closely with other divisions of the firm, client managers, and directors.
- Keeping up to date with developments in the tax world.
- Opportunities to coach/buddy junior staff members.
The Successful Candidate for this role will have…
- CTA qualification favourable (or working towards).
- A proven track record of tax advisory projects in the past or specialist niche areas into which you would like to expand.
- Chartered Accounting or CPA qualifications highly regarded.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience with a keen interest in tax advisory as your preferred career path.
- Good communication skills, including written report-writing skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- A demonstrable solutions-driven approach to tax advisory.
- Ability to work autonomously and with team/cross-division projects as required.
If you satisfy the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. For applications received directly from yourself, and for the successful candidate, we also pay a joining fee.
Thinking about becoming a client?
Book your free, no obligation consultation right now at either our Joondalup or Perth Office via our online booking system or get in touch to find out more.
Already a client and want to get in touch?
Send us an email via our enquiry form or give us a call today.